Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chettinad Chicken Fry

I got this recipe from SUN TV " Unavum Aarogiyamum". It was originally made with mutton. But I eat only chicken....so here goes my version. BTW, I did not make this. My dear husband made this for me.

Ingredients:
sombu-1 tsp
Garlic-1 full
curry leaves
chicken-1kg
turmeric-1/2 tsp
chilli powder-2tsp
hania powder-2 tsp
pepper-1tsp
poppy seeds -1tsp
jeera-1 1/2 tsp
cashews-6 (broken)

Procedure:
Boil chicken with required salt. Fry sombu,garlic,curry leaves, turmeric, chilli powder & dhania powder . Now add chicken. Boil for 5 minutes. Then add fried cashews. Grind pepper,poppy seeds,jeera and sombu. When oil floats on the gravy add ground powder. Add some water and boil to a thick gravy.

Note: You can reduce the water to get a dry chicken fry (like my husband did). This curry tasted like the ones we get in restaurants. A must try!

No comments: